This Privacy Statement explains what types of information Emirsec (“Emirsec”, “us” or “we”) or our service providers may collect from or about visitors to, or users of, our websites or applications (“you”), and describes our practices for collecting, using, retaining, protecting, disclosing, and transferring such information. Emirsec is now part of the Emirsec Technologies family of companies.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information and other information collected by Emirsec or our service providers from or about you when you (i) access Emirsec websites or use Emirsec applications (including mobile applications) that display or link to this Privacy Statement, or (ii) open and respond to our emails. Unless otherwise specified, this Privacy Statement does not apply to any other products or services or to information collected in any other way (whether online or offline) or for any other purpose. Information we may process about clients of our customers is addressed separately in the section below entitled "Personal Information of our Customers’ Clients."
What Personal and Other Information Does Emirsec Collect?
Emirsec or our service providers may collect personal information and other information from or about you when you:
- order products or services,
- register products or for an event,
- request information,
- subscribe to marketing or support materials,
- download software,
- enter a contest,
- respond to promotional campaigns, or
- register to a secure extranet site to obtain access to product information, support, services, or training. For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal information” means information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card or other financial information, contact preferences, and similar information.
We also may collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you, such as your computer’s operating system, browser, and information regarding your use of and activities on our websites or applications. See also the discussion below on cookies and other electronic tools used for the collection of such information.
How Does Emirsec Use Your Information?
Emirsec may use information that we collect from or about you, including any personal information:
- to welcome you,
- to help you complete a transaction or in order to deliver products or services requested by you,
- to bill you for products or services you purchased,
- to provide ongoing service and support, including event-related communications,
- to carry out our obligations or enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
- to notify you about changes to our websites or applications, or any products or services we offer or provide through them,
- to improve our websites, applications, services, and products, including by developing data analytics and reports about your and others’ use of them,
- to contact you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes,
- to display tailored online advertisements that may interest you,
- to e-mail or otherwise send you marketing or other promotional information about Emirsec or others’ products or services that may interest you,
- to combat fraud or any other criminal activity,
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information,
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information,
- to combat fraud or any other criminal activity,
- as otherwise required or permitted by law, and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
To assist us with the uses described in this Privacy Statement, information we or our service providers have collected from or about you through Emirsec websites, applications, or our email communications with you, including about your use of such websites and applications, may be combined with or enhanced by other information from or about you that we have obtained from other online or offline sources, including from our service providers or business partners.
Collection of Information Using Cookies and Other Tools
Emirsec may collect and/or log your Internet Protocol address, Internet domain name, the web browser and operating system used to access Emirsec websites or applications, the pages or files visited, the time spent in each page or file, and the time and date of each visit or use. Emirsec may collect this information automatically as you browse our websites or use our applications through the use of log files, web beacons, or other electronic tools.
With Whom Does Emirsec Share Your Information?
We may disclose information that does not identify any individual (e.g., anonymous, aggregated data) without restriction.
Emirsec contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers (including distributors and resellers) to deliver certain products, services, and customer solutions. Examples of such services provided on our behalf are mail delivery, website hosting, transaction processing, processing payments, sending emails on our behalf, provide you with support via live chat software, and event planning. Emirsec may share your personal information with its service providers and suppliers to the extent necessary to deliver the product or service you requested, respond to your requests for information on products or services, or otherwise support your business needs. You will not have the opportunity to opt out of having your information shared with these third-party service providers and suppliers for these purposes, and they may contact you directly in connection with such purposes.
Third-party service providers and suppliers receiving personal information are expected to maintain privacy and security protections that are consistent with Emirsec’s privacy and information security policies. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, Emirsec is not responsible for any improper use by such parties.
We may also disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders:
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and worldwide offices,
- to third parties for their own use, such as to provide you with special offers and promotions that may be of interest to you,
- to share data about web visitors with third-parties for the third parties’ own analytics, reporting, or general advertising purposes,
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal process,
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings,
- if Emirsec determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others,
- in connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of Emirsec, and/or any proposed or actual sale or merger of Emirsec or any division of Emirsec,
- to enforce the terms of any agreement with Emirsec,
- to combat fraud or other criminal activity,
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information,
- as otherwise required or permitted by law, and/or
- with your consent.
Some Emirsec websites or services may be co-branded or offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such websites/services, both Emirsec and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded website/services.
Unless permitted by relevant laws, Emirsec will not share, sell, trade, or lease your personal information to or with others except as provided for in this Privacy Statement.
Your Marketing Choices, Right to Access Your Personal Information, and Our Retention of Your Personal Information
Your Marketing Choices. Your decision to provide the personal information that we may request from time to time is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested.
Your Access to Your Personal Information. Emirsec strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies to maintain data integrity. We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information in accordance with relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. To request access to, or correction, deletion or removal of, your personal information, follow the applicable instructions below depending on which website or service is at issue. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law. We will respond to requests for access within 30 days.
Our Retention of Your Information. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services, contact us via the applicable information provided below. Even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information to provide you services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
Emirsec Contact Information for Your Marketing Choices and Your Requests for Access or Deletion:
Transfer of Your Information to Other Countries
In accordance with applicable law, personal and other information covered by this Privacy Statement may be transferred to, and processed and stored in, the United Arab Emirates or any other country in which Emirsec or its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, business partners, or customers maintain facilities, even if the level of data privacy required in that country is less than that required by the European Union. By submitting your personal information to Emirsec, you consent to such transfers and to the worldwide processing of your personal information.
Links to Non- Emirsec Websites and Third Parties
Emirsec’s websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the Emirsec website. Emirsec does not control these third-party websites or their privacy practices, which may differ from Emirsec's. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal information you choose to provide to unrelated third parties is not covered by the Emirsec Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any entity before submitting your personal information.
Security of Your Personal Information
Social Media and Refer a Friend
Our websites or applications may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, and widgets, such as the ”share this” button. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our websites or applications. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about a page on an Emirsec website, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Emirsec does not store this information, except to the extent permitted by law.
Children Under the Age of 13
Personal Information of our Customers' Clients
When we provide services to our customers, in some instances we process personal information about their clients ("Client Information") on their behalf. In these situations, it is our customers rather than Emirsec who decide the reasons for which the Client Information will be processed. For details of how the Client Information will be used and protected, and details of how to access or correct the information, please refer to the privacy statement of the Emirsec customer to which you submitted your personal information.
Questions About and Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Emirsec will review and update this Privacy Statement periodically, and will note the date of its most recent revision above. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes prior to implementing the changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement frequently to be informed of how Emirsec is collecting, using, retaining, protecting, disclosing, and transferring your information.